- Perform life saving techniques, including defibrillation and advanced cardiac treatment
- Work closely with fire and police departments among other emergency medical personnel
- Apply advanced patient care skills in a variety of settings
Apply online at tulsatech.edu. Applications can also be obtained in the counseling offices on any of the campuses; at the Career Services Center located on the Memorial Complex; or by calling 918.828.5000.
The Tulsa Tech Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the CoAEMSP. Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs 1361 Park Street clearwater, FL 33756 727-210-2350 www.caahep.org
Prior to the start of the clinical practicum, students must:
- Undergo a criminal background check including sex offender registration as required by the Oklahoma Child Care Facilities Licensing Act that requires individuals providing care to children under the age of 18 to be free of any criminal history that would indicate a potential for violent abuse against another person. Information provided on the criminal background check may impact student clinical eligibility.
- Provide verification of immunizations through vaccination records, titer (blood test) results, or declination statements. A list of specific immunizations may be obtained through the Health Sciences Center by calling 918.828.1216.
- Have a current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card.
- Provide transportation to clinical sites.
- Adult students must pay a liability insurance fee for clinicals. This fee is charged for each Tulsa Tech fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th).
- Adult students must pay a drug screening fee for clinicals. The drug screening is required for all students and will be completed sometime before clinicals.
- Adult students must pay a fee to participate in the online immunization tracking system.
NOTE: Fees associated with the requirements above are included in tuition/fees/books section.
Students, 18 years of age or older, who successfully complete this program will be eligible to sit to the National Registry Examination at the Paramedic level and become licensed in the state of Oklahoma.
Tulsa Tech builds partnerships with business and industry in the Tulsa area to find opportunities for work-based experiences and student placement. For more information, contact our Career Placement Services at 918.828.5000
Email: email@example.com or visit tulsatech.edu.
Must have verification of the following before the first day of class:
- 18 years of age
- Pass the NREMT certification exam
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of Emergency Medical Technician program
- Basic computer literacy
If pursuing advanced standing for the first anatomy/physiology course in Paramedic career major, students must have verification of a post-secondary course in anatomy/physiology (Tulsa Tech or approved higher education course).
Financial assistance is available through several options at Tulsa Tech. For the most up-to-date and complete information on scholarships and grants please visit tulsatech.edu or call 918.828.5000. For federal financial assistance go to: www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Tuition, fees, career majors, courses and hours are subject to change without notice.
All Tulsa Tech students (high school and adult) may have the opportunity to receive college credit upon completion of their program. Our College Relations office will work with students regarding the benefits of Prior Learning Assessments (PLA) toward an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree or a technical college certificate at area colleges. For more details call the College Relations office at 918.828.5000.
Plan of StudyPlan of Study
3850 N Peoria Ave
Tulsa, OK 74106-1619
Who Can Attend?
Emergency Medical Technician
Day / 13 months:
Tue-Fri: 8:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Evening / 14 months:
Mon-Thur: 5 - 10 P.M.
The didactic portion of the class meets 12-24 hours per week on a regular day or evening schedule. Occasional class sessions may be held at other times with prior notice.
Clinicals are scheduled on a 24-hour-a-day basis. Call 918.828.2022 for specific start dates.
Class Starts: August 11, 2016
Contact Info Center at 918.828.5000 for start dates.
Paramedic Care I
WBE EMTP Clinical PCI
Paramedic Care 2
WBE Paramedic Respiratory/or Clinical
WBE EMTP Clinical PC2
Paramedic Care 3
WBE Special Considerations Clinical
WBE Physician/EMS Internship
Estimated Tuition, Fees and Books
- Estimated Tuition, Lab & Required Fees: $5,088.00
- Additional Required Costs: $934.00
- Optional Fees: $18.00
**There may be additional required costs as defined in the program handbook. Tuition, fees, career majors, courses and hours are subject to change without notice.
For information concerning working conditions, physical requirements, employment and job outlook please refer to the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/.
Salary information can be found at The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) Resource Center at http://www.onetonline.org/.
O*NET_SOC Code: 29-2041.00