- Apply fundamental skills to deliver supervised patient care, work with nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Engage in hands-on experiences through lab and clinical opportunities in nursing homes and hospitals
- Prepare to take the Certified Nurse Assistant Exam at the end of the first semester and the Advanced Unlicensed Assistant Exam at the end of the second semester
Apply online at tulsatech.edu. Applications can also be obtained in the counseling offices on any of the campuses; at the Career Services Center located on the Memorial Complex; or by calling 918.828.5000.
Prior to the start of the clinical practicum, students must:
- Undergo a criminal background check including sex offender registration as required by the Oklahoma Child Care Facilities Licensing Act that requires individuals providing care to children under the age of 18 to be free of any criminal history that would indicate a potential for violent abuse against another person. Information provided on the criminal background check may impact student clinical eligibility.
- Provide verification of immunizations through vaccination records, titer (blood test) results, or declination statements. A list of specific immunizations may be obtained through the Health Sciences Center by calling 918.828.1216.
- Have a current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card.
- Provide transportation to clinical sites.
- The drug screening is required for all students and will be completed sometime before clinicals.
- Upon successful completion of the Long Term Care/Home Health Care Aide curriculum, students are qualified to take the Oklahoma State Certification Exam for Long-Term Care and Home Health Nurse Aide.
- Upon passing the exam, the individual will receive a certification card from the Oklahoma State Department of Health, and will be listed on the Oklahoma State Nurse Aide Registry as a Certified Nurse Aide in both Long-Term Care and Home Health.
- Upon successful completion of the Advanced Unlicensed Assistant (AUA) curriculum, students are qualified to take the Oklahoma Board of Nursing AUA exam.
Tulsa Tech builds partnerships with business and industry in the Tulsa area to find opportunities for work-based experiences and student placement.
- High school seniors only
- Students must turn 18 years of age no later than March 1, 2020
- Basic computer literacy
Tuition, fees, career majors, courses and hours are subject to change without notice.
All Tulsa Tech students (high school and adult) may have the opportunity to receive college credit upon completion of their program. Our College Relations office will work with students regarding the benefits of Prior Learning Assessments (PLA) toward an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree or a technical college certificate at area colleges.
For more details call the College Relations office at 918.828.5000.
Plan of StudyPlan of Study
Health Sciences Center
3350 S Memorial Dr
Tulsa, OK 74145-1322
Who Can Attend?
High School Students
(High School Seniors)
H.S. / 1 school year (Seniors only)
August - May
8 - 10:50 A.M. / 12 - 2:50 P.M.
Class Starts: TBD
Contact Info Center at 918.828.5000 for start dates.
Long Term Care Nursing Aide
Long Term Care Assistant
Home Health Care Nursing Assistant Deeming
- Long Term Care Nurse Assist Course
- Home Health Care Deeming
- Core Medical Terminology
- Health Careers Core Curriculum
- Advanced Unlicensed Assistant-Theory
- Advanced Unlicensed Assistant-Lab
- Advanced Unlicensed Assistant-Clinical
- Capstone for Nursing Options
Estimated Tuition, Fees and Books
*High school students living in the Tulsa Tech school district are not charged tuition.
**There may be additional required costs as defined in the program handbook. Tuition, fees, career majors, courses and hours are subject to change without notice.
For information concerning working conditions, physical requirements, employment and job outlook please refer to the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
Salary information can be found at The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) Resource Center at https://www.onetonline.org/.
O*NET_SOC Code: 31-1014.00