- Perform life saving techniques, including defibrillation and advanced cardiac treatment
- Work closely with fire and police departments among other emergency medical personnel
- Apply advanced patient care skills in a variety of settings
Tulsa Technology Center’s Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education programs (www.caahep.org) upon recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (www.coaemsp.org). The program has been placed on Probationary Accreditation as of November 16, 2018.
Prior to the start of the clinical practicum, students must:
- Undergo a criminal background check including sex offender registration as required by the Oklahoma Child Care Facilities Licensing Act that requires individuals providing care to children under the age of 18 to be free of any criminal history that would indicate a potential for violent abuse against another person. Information provided on the criminal background check may impact student clinical eligibility.
- Provide verification of immunizations through vaccination records, titer (blood test) results, or declination statements. A list of specific immunizations may be obtained through the Health Sciences Center by calling 918.828.1216.
- Have a current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card.
- Provide transportation to clinical sites.
- Adult students must pay a liability insurance fee for clinicals. This fee is charged for each Tulsa Tech fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th).
- Adult students must pay a drug screening fee for clinicals. The drug screening is required for all students and will be completed sometime before clinicals.
- Adult students must pay a fee to participate in the online immunization tracking system.
Students will be required to maintain a grade of "C" or better in each transcript course in order to be eligible to attend clinicals.
NOTE: Fees associated with the requirements above are included in tuition/fees/books section.
Students, 18 years of age or older, who successfully complete this program will be eligible to sit for the National Registry Examination at the Paramedic level and become licensed in the state of Oklahoma.
Outcomes identified on the latest Annual Report of the Committee on Accreditation for the EMS Professions (2017) are as follows:
NREMT/State Written Exam Passage Rate: 69%
Program Retention Rate: 86.1%
Positive (Job) Placement Rate: 82.9%
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider (PALS)
OK State Department of Health/Paramedic License
Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support Provider (PHTLS)
Tulsa Tech builds partnerships with business and industry in the Tulsa area to find opportunities for work-based experiences and student placement.
Must have verification of the following before the first day of class:
- Pass the NREMT certification exam
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of Emergency Medical Technician program
- Basic computer literacy
Must be 18 years of age by April 1, 2021
If pursuing advanced standing for the first anatomy/physiology course in Paramedic career major, students must have verification of a post-secondary course in anatomy/physiology (Tulsa Tech or approved higher education course).
Tuition, fees, career majors, courses and hours are subject to change without notice.
All Tulsa Tech students (high school and adult) may have the opportunity to receive college credit upon completion of their program. Our College Relations office will work with students regarding the benefits of Prior Learning Assessments (PLA) toward an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree or a technical college certificate at area colleges.
For more details call the College Relations office at (918) 828-5000.
Plan of StudyPlan of Study
3850 N Peoria Ave
Tulsa, OK 74106-1619
Who Can Attend?
Emergency Medical Technician
Adults / 13 months (All day)
Tue-Fri: 8:30 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
Class Starts: August 18, 2021
Adults / 14 months (Evening)
Mon-Thurs: 5 - 10 P.M.
The didactic portion of the class meets 12-24 hours per week on a regular day or evening schedule. Occasional class sessions may be held at other times with prior notice.
Clinicals are scheduled on a 24-hour-a-day basis. Call 918.828.5000 for specific start dates.
Class Starts: Evening January 4, 2021
Contact Info Center at (918) 828-5000 for start dates.
- Paramedic Care I
- WBE EMTP Clinical PC I
- Paramedic Care 2
- WBE Paramedic Respiratory/or Clinical
- WBE EMTP Clinical PC 2
- Paramedic Care 3
- WBE Special Considerations Clinical
- WBE Physician/EMS Internship
Tuition, Fees and Books
- Estimated Tuition: $5,120.00
- Books: $942.00**
- Tools, Supplies & Certification Cost: $684.00**
**There may be additional required costs as defined in the program handbook. Tuition, fees, career majors, courses and hours are subject to change without notice.
For information concerning working conditions, physical requirements, employment and job outlook please refer to the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/.
Salary information can be found at The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) Resource Center at http://www.onetonline.org/.