- Master pharmaceutical compounding to fill retail pharmacy prescriptions and prepare intravenous medications
- Maintain inventory of medications, verify insurance coverage, and aid the pharmacist
- Work in retail, compounding, clinical, hospital, and nuclear settings
Apply online at tulsatech.edu. Applications can also be obtained in the counseling offices on any of the campuses; at the Career Services Center located on the Memorial Complex; or by calling 918.828.5000.
Prior to the start of the clinical practicum, students must:
- Maintain a grade of "C" or better in each transcript course.
- Undergo a criminal background check including sex offender registration as required by the Oklahoma Child Care Facilities Licensing Act at requires individuals providing care to children under the age of 18 to be free of any criminal history that would indicate a potential for violent abuse against another person. Information provided on the criminal background check may impact student clinical eligibility.
- Provide verification of immunizations through vaccination records, titer (blood test) results, or declination statements. A list of specific immunizations may be obtained through the Health Sciences Center by calling 918.828.1216.
- Have a current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card.
- Provide transportation to clinical sites.
- The drug screening is required for all students and will be completed sometime before clinicals.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider
- AHA Heart Saver K-12
- Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician
Tulsa Tech builds partnerships with business and industry in the Tulsa area to find opportunities for work-based experiences and student placement.
High school Senior or Adult
Tuition, fees, career majors, courses and hours are subject to change without notice.
All Tulsa Tech students (high school and adult) may have the opportunity to receive college credit upon completion of their program. Our College Relations office will work with students regarding the benefits of Prior Learning Assessments (PLA) toward an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree or a technical college certificate at area colleges.
For more details call the College Relations office at 918.828.5000.
Plan of StudyPlan of Study
Who Can Attend?
High School Students
8 - 10:50 A.M. / 12 - 2:50 P.M.
Class Starts: August 19, 2020
Contact Info Center at 918.828.5000 for start dates.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Anatomy (OR)
- Sterile Pharmacy Procedures
Tuition, Fees and Books
- Estimated Tuition: $2,100.00*
- Books: $0.00**
- Tools, Supplies & Certification Cost: $555.00**
Students are expected to cover exam fee of $129.00 (Certified Pharmacy Technician Exam)
*High school students living in the Tulsa Tech school district are not charged tuition.
**There may be additional required costs as defined in the program handbook. Tuition, fees, career majors, courses and hours are subject to change without notice.
For information concerning working conditions, physical requirements, employment and job outlook please refer to the Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH) at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/.
Salary information can be found at The Occupational Information Network (O*NET) Resource Center at http://www.onetonline.org/.