The Tulsa Tech Assessment Center administers tests by appointment and on a walk-in basis. Admission testing for TABE and Accuplacer is available on a walk-in basis. All HESI and non-admission testing must be scheduled.
To schedule a non-admission test, please schedule your appointment online. Requests for testing accomodations must be made at the time of scheduling.
Admission assessments are used to determine academic preparedness for Tulsa Tech programs. With the exception of the HESI, admission assessments are free. Applicants must have a current Tulsa Tech application on file prior to testing.
For test preparation and study resources:Admissions Priority Deadline Testing Information
Applicants may test twice between January 1 and June 30 and twice between July 1 and December 31. The Assessment Center also accepts ACT and SAT scores taken within five (5) years of applying to Tulsa Tech (not applicable to Practical Nursing applicants).
- » All applicants must bring a valid government-issued photo ID when they arrive to test. We accept a Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Military ID.
- » All assessments are computerized; scratch paper and pencil are provided by Assessment.
- » NO outside calculators are permitted; a calculator is provided within test platform.
- » Scores are available upon completion of the assessment and are valid for three years.
Accuplacer is an untimed, multiple choice test given to all Adult Aviation and Adult Health program applicants except Practical Nursing, Medical Coding, and Medical Health Records.
- » We administer the Next Generation Reading and Next Generation Arithmetic subject tests.
- » The difficulty level of the questions is based on your response to the previous question.
- » An on-screen calculator is available only for selected questions, as set by Accuplacer.
TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education)
TABE is an untimed, multiple choice test given to high school applicants and adult applicants to full-time general programs.
- » We administer the Reading, Math Computation, and Applied Math subject tests.
- » High school applicants are given TABE Level D, and adult applicants are given TABE Level A.
HESI Admission Assessment (A2)
HESI is a timed, multi-subject Admission test given to all Practical Nursing program applicants. PN applicants will be charged an exam administration fee.
- » The HESI A2 is timed at 3 hours 50 minutes.
- » The test covers five subject areas: Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Math, Biology, and Anatomy and Physiology.
- » Applicants must have a valid email address to create a required Evolve account on the day of the test.
- » Applicants must achieve a minimum of 70 percent each in Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Mathematics as well as a minimum cumulative score of 350.
The Tulsa Tech Assessment Center proctors WorkKeys, Accuplacer, TABE, and online-based exams on behalf of other institutions. We also offer an 8th grade reading proficiency exam for students to obtain a driver’s permit. Non-admission assessments may require a proctoring or exam fee.
Reading Proficiency Exam (TABE D)
Reading test given to high school students needing documentation of 8th Grade Reading Proficiency for their Driver’s Permit—first exam is free; fee charged for retesting.
- » Testers must bring a copy of their birth certificate and a photo ID (may use school or state ID or an accompanying parent/guardian may present a photo ID).
Foundational work skills assessments that measure an individual’s readiness to enter the workforce in particular jobs/industries.
- » We administer all WorkKeys subject-area assessments for individuals or companies, including the three tests required to earn a National Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)—given through the Oklahoma Department of Career Tech.
WorkKeys Price List
Individual WorkKeys Test
Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents, Applied Tech, Talent or Fit (Does not include Business Writing or Observation)
Specialized Individual WorkKeys
Business Writing or Workplace Observation
WorkKeys CRC Test Package
Includes Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents,
WorkKeys Company Test Package
Includes Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents, and Applied Tech
WorkKeys Customized Package
Must call Assessment Center