Tests at the Assessment Center are administered by appointment only. Admission testing is free, but there is a fee for HESI and non-admission test that must be paid at the time of scheduling.
Requests for testing accommodations must be made at the time of scheduling.
Admission assessments are used to determine academic preparedness for Tulsa Tech programs. With the exception of the HESI, admission assessments are free. Applicants must have a current Tulsa Tech application on file prior to testing.
Applicants may test twice between January 1 and June 30 and twice between July 1 and December 31. The Assessment Center also accepts ACT and SAT scores taken within five (5) years of applying to Tulsa Tech.
- » All applicants must bring a valid government-issued photo ID when they arrive to test. We accept a Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Military ID.
- » All assessments are computerized; scratch paper and pencil are provided by Assessment.
- » NO outside calculators are permitted; a calculator is provided within test platform.
- » Scores are available upon completion of the assessment and are valid for three years.
Accuplacer is an untimed, multiple choice test given to all high school and adult program applicants except Practical Nursing, Surgical Technology, and Radiologic Technology.
- » We administer the Next Generation Reading and Next Generation Arithmetic subject tests.
- » The difficulty level of the questions is based on your response to the previous question.
- » An on-screen calculator is available only for selected questions, as set by Accuplacer.
HESI Admission Assessment (A2)
HESI is a timed, multi-subject Admission test given to all Practical Nursing, Surgical Technology, and Radiologic Technology program applicants. Applicants will be charged an exam administration fee.
- » The HESI A2 is timed at 3 hours.
- » The test covers three subject areas: Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Math.
- » Applicants must have a valid email address to create a required Evolve account on the day of the test.
- » Applicants must achieve a minimum of 70 percent each in Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Mathematics for a minimum cumulative score of 210.
The Tulsa Tech Assessment Center proctors WorkKeys, Accuplacer, and exams on behalf of other institutions. Non-admission assessments may require a proctoring or exam fee.
We proctor online and paper-based tests in our Assessment Center. Appointments are made by the type of test and the time needed to complete the exam. All exam materials should be submitted to Assessment Center staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment.
- » All testing must be completed at least 30 minutes prior to test center closing time.
- » There will be a non-refundable proctoring fee due at time of scheduling.
Foundational work skills assessments that measure an individual’s readiness to enter the workforce in particular jobs/industries.
- » We administer all WorkKeys subject-area assessments for individuals or companies, including the three tests required to earn a National Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)—given through the Oklahoma Department of Career Tech.
WorkKeys Price List
Individual WorkKeys Test
Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents, Applied Tech, Talent or Fit (Does not include Business Writing or Observation)
Specialized Individual WorkKeys
Business Writing or Workplace Observation
WorkKeys CRC Test Package
Includes Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents,
WorkKeys Company Test Package
Includes Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents, and Applied Tech
WorkKeys Customized Package
Must call Assessment Center