Intertwines high school credentials & occupational training experiences for disconnected youth.
Located on Tulsa Tech Peoria Campus, the Career Academy is a comprehensive program that assists Tulsa-area high school students in need of alternative education options. We work alongside partner school districts to intertwine high school credentials with career and technical training to allow area students to grow and thrive.
This collaborative effort leads to increased employment opportunities for students through educational support and training. Career Academy creates self-sufficient young adults who contribute to the growth and economic development in the Tulsa region, while earning their high school diploma.
The Career Academy staff recognizes everyone learns differently. This all-inclusive program is designed to engage, educate, and expand opportunities for a wide range of students, as well as provide guidance and support toward a path to success.
- Academic Instruction
- Careeer Tech Courses
- Life Skills
- Career Development
Applicants must express an active interest in obtaining a high school diploma and pursuing career training in programs currently available through Tulsa Tech. Students spend half of each day earning high school credit recovery or “first time” credits through a combination of teacher-ledinstruction and online learning. The remaining half of each day is spent developing skills for a future career at any Tulsa Tech campus.
Prospective students must:
- Be accepted into a career training program at Tulsa Tech
- Be between the ages of 17-20 years of age
- Participate in an interview accompanied by a parent and/or guardian
For more information, please contact:
How to Apply
- Obtain a referral and application from a high school counselor, Tulsa Tech Career Advisor, or
- Print the application located at the top of this page
- Mail your application to:
c/o Alternative Education Department
PO Box 477200
Tulsa, OK 74147-7200
- Attend an interview appointment, at the Peoria Campus, accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Attend and successfully complete the orientation program